Friday, August 15, 2008

Thank Trump It's Friday!

Not everyone is a big fan of Donald Trump, but I must say I was very impressed this morning, when I read he is buying Ed McMahon's house, to lease it back to him for a reasonable amount. Not because they're friends -- he doesn't know McMahon, but he said he always used to watch him on TV as a young man, and thinks it's just the right thing to do.
That's pretty cool. Message to The Donald: The Cap'n is also a cultural icon (obviously), and I'm doggone tired of paying rent on this boat. Please send 1.38 Million $$$ to my Cayman Islands account # 604591G. If you need to round up or down, it won't hurt my feelings. Thanks, Buddy.

Interesting cruise note.....in the past, Tahiti and the islands of French Polynesia have normally had as many as 3 cruise choices for people wanting 7, 10 or 11 day cruises on a true cruise ship with all the amenities, features, shows and dining choices you don't get on a sailing vessel. In the past year, there were 2 choices that fit that profile. However, in 2009, Princess has decided to shift some of its itineraries, leaving only Regent Cruise Line's "Paul Gauguin" doing that itinerary. The good news, Paul Gauguin has wonderful food and service, and only carries a little over 300 passengers, offering a personalized luxury cruise experience. The bad news, because it's a smaller ship, many dates are heavily sold already. I called yesterday for a client who wanted a balcony cabin, any time in March 2009. Guess what - too late! There is not a balcony or suite to be had during the entire month. So if you are considering Tahiti on a cruise for next year, get up from this blog, pick up the phone and call us RIGHT NOW! Of course you can also fly to Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora etc but with the government imposing a 400+ percent import duty on everything flown to the islands, it can be a daunting price tag for meals, entertainment, etc. With the cruise, you get to sample all the islands with overnights on the 2 most popular. Great stuff.

How you feeling today? Young? Spry? Agile? Here's a reality check: Madonna, Prince and Michael Jackson all turn 50 this month. ** sigh **

This morning I was reading CNN news with my cup of Grog before heading up to the bridge to work, and I saw a disarming article about DisneyLand in Anaheim, CA. Seems there are some
disgruntled hotel workers (the rest are gruntled, of course), who caused a bit of a scene. But a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's the story:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/15/disney.protesters.ap/index.html

Just imagine you're walking up to the entry gate, Mommy, Daddy and the 3 little Punkins, and that's how your day starts. Good luck getting those kids to sleep over the next 10-12 years!
"Can't we all just get along?"

Lastly, I got some responses from yesterday's blog, telling me I'm NOT SUPPOSED TO PUT Q-TIPS IN MY EARS. What do you want me to do, wax poetic? I'm pretty sure you can keep that idea to yourselves. Next thing, you'll be telling me I shouldn't be licking the A-1 Sauce off my steak knife, or sticking my face into the pot, bobbing for lobsters. You eat your way, The Cap'n will eat any way he darn well pleases!! Over and out.

No comments: