Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey Serving?

Yes, that would be me. I received a Federal Jury Summons a couple of weeks ago, which was to run for a period of 3 weeks. Over the first 2 weeks, I called in whenever I was instructed to do so, and was informed I'd have to call back at a later time. Over and over. I almost got the notion in my head that I was going to be exempted somehow. Riiiiiiiight. This evening when I called in as directed, I was told to be at the Courthouse at 8:00am tomorrow morning. Because of that, I've tied my trawler to the pier and locked her down. The bridge will be vacant until I'm back holding the wheel my own self.

Hopefully this will be a 1-day event, but it's a civic service and far be it from me to try to wiggle out of something, particularly since everybody's supposed to take a turn doing it. There is a likelihood I won't be blogging while I'm serving on Jury Duty, so just go on about yer lives and keep checking back here daily, until you see some kind of new heading. I promise I'll include all the latest whatever-it-is-at-the-moment for the betterment of your well-being, especially as it relates to travel or a bit of comedy to lighten the load. Later, Mates.

No comments: